We are definitely moving towards a less-throwaway society, which is brilliant, and we're embracing that, so we work hard to source brands that are long-lasting, hard-wearing, versatile and practical.
Have you heard of EDC? EDC stands for Everyday Carry and is a collection of useful items that are consistently carried on a person every single day. The main reasons for having EDC are practicality and preparedness; to help individuals overcome simple everyday problems, and to prepare someone for unexpected and possibly dangerous situations (thanks Wikipedia!)
Whether you're going to work, to the park, or for everyday activities, you need your EDC's, right?! You wouldn't leave home without your phone or your keys, and we're sharing some of our latest offerings mixed with some of our classics, and showcasing them here because WE WEAR them, WE LOVE them, and WE CHOSE them! These are our EDC's!
Our five top (keeping in mind that ALL the products you'll find in our collections are all chosen because they're amazing!) EDC's to see you through now and on the other side of the global pandemic;
1. OLUKAI Men's Athletic Sneakers with the drop-in heel, are unbelievably versatile. From walking the Byron Bay lighthouse at dawn to taking Pugsy the dog to the dog park for socialising in the city, the Olukai Men's Alapa Li Shoes are perfect for people who live an active lifestyle. This shoe takes you from a surf session to the farmers market, to a workout - all in one day.
2. Waterproof, breathable, windproof with a detachable hood, cuff adjusters just to name a few of the features, this jacket is rugged enough to take hiking up your favourite mountain yet stylish enough to wear out for drinks. The men's Vigilante Revelstoke II Softshell Jacket has an anti-pilling fleece inner layer which is so good right next to your body, and here on the Gold Coast it's only recently become cool enough to wear this amazing jacket so Matt's been wearing it even when it's too warm - so the cooler it gets, the happier he'll be!!!
3. Third, in our line up of EDC's is the best travel mug in the world! We know because we've tried loads! The Camelbak Hot Cap is insulated stainless steel, 350ml, with a leak-proof Hot Cap that opens with just a twist and allows 360-degree drinking capability - it's awesome. The keep-cup bottle is recommended for up to 90C and keeps your beverage enjoyable for up to 6 hours. Learn more about this EDC here
4. When you love the look of no-socks, but not the stink, you can be relieved that SMARTWOOL invented these socks because sometimes it’s what you don’t see that makes all the difference! Comfortable and stink-free feet are really a thing, with Smartwool Men’s No-Show merino socks – the perfect pairing with low-profile sneakers and shoes. The extra features like the internal gripper at the heel (which secures your sock fit) and a supportive arch brace, make these socks a vital EDC.
5. Obviously you need to put your EDC in something, and this backpack is literally the perfect daypack for your everyday carry, therefore it's part of the daily load! The BlackWolf Surry 18L day pack has enough space for all your daily gear and more to spare. With easy top-load internal access and roll-top and clip closure, it has an internal laptop sleeve & super comfortable adjustable foam straps. it fits it all, so you can free up your pockets!
Are you following us on our socials? Connect with us, and be sure to tag #sff when you're wearing our gear, or #urbanadventuring to share your adventures.
Investing in the right footwear for exercise is extremely important, and so is knowing your feet. When you exercise, your shoes are not only protecting your feet but the strenuousstraining of the lower body.
Has 2017 started out with strong optimism about your fitness goals for the year ahead? Great – Let’s keep that motivation going all year long. Here is our list of top simple running tipsto ensure optimum performance and minimal injury.
When we're in a groove, we're getting up early, we're exercising, we're eating right, we're getting plenty of sleep, and plenty of fresh air. But sometimes life gets in the way and we get run down, stressed, sick, and then getting back on track can be hard. Our four easy steps will show you how can live a healthier lifestyle; one that's easy to maintain - and most of all, is enjoyable! By eating the right foods for nourishment and fuel, combined with physical activity that makes you feel alive, you're on your way to living your best life!